CIONET is involved in the European Commission’s Grand Coalition for Digital jobs. In the coming months you will get more communication on this project, and how you can contribute in making this project a success!
In the meantime, you can read the document explaining the Grand Coalition’s objectives, as well as the value proposition for IT professionals.
You can already start contributing. If you have already engaged in following activities, or are planning to do so in the near future, please send a mail to email@example.com explaining this initiative. We will collect all the examples, which will serve as best practices for other countries and organisations! So don’t hesitate to let us know about these initiatives :
- Design and offer ICT training schemes and make sure to recruit/interview a high percentage of trainees upon their completing of the programmes;
- Volunteer as an ICT role model for schools;
- Provide feedback to schools and educational authorities on skills gaps you might be experiencing;
- Open up your business for visits from students for at least two visits from students from three different schools;
- Consider developing an internship program or extend your current internship programme;
- Support mentoring opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your feedback!