On 19 April 2012 during CIO CITY, European Commissioner Neelie Kroes will hand out the European CIO of the Year Awards 2012. Oscar Gómez Barbero, Organization, Resources and Technology Director of Grupo Prisa is one of the 13 nominees. Check out his profile below.
Oscar’s experience in the private sector:
- At PricewaterhoseCoopers-IBM, as Managing Partner of the Public Sector for Spain, Portugal, Israel, Greece and Turkey, he was in charge of business units with direct responsibility over profit and loss account.
- General Managing Partner for Landata Telecom, telecommunications engineering company, belonging to IBV Corporation (Iberdrola/BBVA).
- He currently holds the positions of Organization, Resources and Technology Director for Grupo Prisa and President for Prisa´s Industrial Division – Dédalo Grupo Gráfico
Oscar’s experience in the public sector:
- Operations Director (COO), Human Resources Director (CHRO) and General Director (CEO) in Ferrocarriles Vascos,
- Information Systems Corporate Director in RENFE
Oscar is a reputable professional in management and transformation functions for complex organizations, specialized in Transport, Tourism, Public and Media sectors.