On Tuesday 19 June 2012, CIONET Belgium hosted an event on the topic of IT Talent Management.
The agenda featured the following topics:
- The ICT-professional in perspective, by Guido Dedene (Professor Management Informatics, K.U.L.)
- The Labour Market and Talent Management, by Luc Dekeyser (R&D Director, SD Worx)
- IT Talent Management @ ADMB, by Koen Van Loo (Director ICT, ADMB)
Key learnings from this event:
- There is an increased understanding of ICT but serious lack of innovation at the same time.
- Pairs development can drive up productivity and customer’s satisfaction.
- There is a strong need to globalise the IT function and to get the talents where they are.
- Recrute for the attitude, then train for the skills.
- Put more emphasis is on self-management.