This year is the 3d edition of the prestigious European Research Paper of the Year award.The CIONET European Research Paper of the Year Election identifies the European research paper that embodies most excellence in both rigour and relevance of research. In order to promote the exchange of ideas, experiences and knowledge among professionals and academics in the area of information and communications systems and technology management, the CIONET European Research Paper of the Year acclaims a yearly best research paper.
The winning paper of this year is: “Beyond Being There: the symbolic role of communication and identification in perceptions of proximity to geographically dispersed colleagues”.
Co authored by:
- Michael Boyer O’Leary from Georgetown University
- Jeanne M. Wilson from Mason School of Business
- Anca Metiu from ESSEC Business School (on picture)
Congratulations to the winning authors, as well as to the runner up paper: “Coordinating expertise across knowledge boundaries in offshore outsourcing projects: the role of codification“
- Julia Kotlarsky from Aston University
- Harry Scarbrough from Keele University
- Ilan Oshri from Loughborough School of Business and Economics (on picture)
Click on the video’s beneath for a short interview with the finalists: